Thursday, November 11, 2010

Everest the Mountain

I decided at the beginning of class I would climb Mountain Everest.  I was informed of the cost of climbing and the high death rate that comes along with the intense climb.  I decided that climbing Mount Everest is apparently done by rich people with nothing better to do, people wanting to feel alive, lifelong goals and aspirations, or someone yearning to learn how to cherish his or her own life.  I feel if I had zero family left, zero kids, this would be something I would save for.  After completing the task, I am sure you would feel you could do anything. 

I never realized Mount Everest was sacred and worshiped in a sense by people called Sherpas.  Who all have the same last name, Sherpa.  How strange.  I feel allowing people to climb and trash their mountain, they are obviously getting money or their government is.  Either way, Mount Everest is beautiful and should be considered sacred.  Sacred to everyone in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment